The Undergrad:

A full time student, and a proud procrastinator, I will blog about my cooking experiences from my better-than-dorm apartment. Because now, I have my own kitchen. Ha! And of course bits and pieces of daily finds and interests here and there at Oregon State Univ.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The English Muffin Sandwich

Hmm whats for lunch? Well I STILL had some leftover peppers....they were becoming a little too ripe so I decided to grill them lightly. Then I remembered my mom made sandwiches before with grilled peppers, so thats exactly what I did. Except with english muffins. I was surprised of how well this combination turned out. First, it wasn't a baguette, so when you bit into the sandwich, the insides didn't slide out. From experience, unless you have a perfectly toasted, right-out-the-toaster baguette sandwich you will find yourself multitasking, trying to reconstruct your sandwich, and trying to eat it at the same time. Not this one!

Also the texture of the english muffin, that soft yet grainy crust adds an extra crunch. But do watch out for how you layer your sandwich, because english muffins soak up any trace of water/moisture from tomatoes or lettuces.Therefore, I placed the lettuce between the peppers and turkey. 

Here is how I grilled the peppers:


With mini peppers, just cut off the stem area. Add a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and I also added a bit of chicken bullion. Cook until some spots of the skin starts to darken. You're done! 

In my sandwich I did not add any tomatoes, not only because I didn't have any, but also I figured that the peppers will take place of the tomatoes, and I loved it.

1 comment:

  1. I want to thank you for all thoughts. Thank you for your such a nice information. You have been extremely supportive through your blog. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with us.
    panini press

    ReplyDelete