The Undergrad:

A full time student, and a proud procrastinator, I will blog about my cooking experiences from my better-than-dorm apartment. Because now, I have my own kitchen. Ha! And of course bits and pieces of daily finds and interests here and there at Oregon State Univ.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Odd Weather Oregon

Odd Weather Oregon by Kitchen Undergrad

Rain, shine, partly cloudy...that's Oregon! Well, mostly rain lately. And of course it downpours right when I'm about to walk to class. Temperature is begging to decrease gradually and more people are transitioning into fall-winter mode. But according to my weather app on my phone its supposed to be 70 degrees ferinheight this Saturday. When it doubt, prepare for the rain in Oregon. An extreme amount of "doubt"....practically skeptical of this announced nice weather. Earlier this week I bought some english muffins and I've been enjoying them with strawberry jam. I don't have a toaster, so I warm it up in my skillet. I felt as though if I was camping, with a hot cup of coffee in my hand, and my cell phone in the other....oops! Oh, technology these days.

On a more serious note, speaking of technology, rest in peace Steve Jobs, who has changed my world, as well as the lives of millions of others. He did indeed make a "dent in the universe."
Here I will share a  link to a commencement speech he made in 2005 at Stanford University.



No comments:

Post a Comment