The Undergrad:

A full time student, and a proud procrastinator, I will blog about my cooking experiences from my better-than-dorm apartment. Because now, I have my own kitchen. Ha! And of course bits and pieces of daily finds and interests here and there at Oregon State Univ.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

On a Saturday Morning




After weeks of having cereals on the go, I decided to change things up a bit. It has been a goal of mine this month to make homemade granola, and today was the day. I like to keep things simple, and so my granola only has oats, cranberries and some walnuts. Recipes that I saw called for 3 cups of oats, but liking the idea of having fresh breakfast, I decided that 1 cup worth of granola would be enough for me. If I run out I will just make more. It takes about 10 minutes for a cup of oats. This recipe makes a non-chunky granola, and can be mixed in with yogurt, or just eaten as plain cereal. Mmm!

Fresh Granola

Ingredients:
-1 cup of oats
-1/2 tsp of olive oil
-3 tbs. of honey
-a handful of cranberries (or dried fruit of your choice)
-chopped nuts (walnuts or almonds)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, stir oats, honey, nuts, and olive oil. Mix well until the oats get a little clumpy. Lay out the mix on parchment or foil and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. *You want to mix in the cranberries AFTER the oats have cooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment